Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI), is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland. GHI is one of the oldest and largest housing cooperatives in the United States.
We are seeking a TEMPORARY Grounds Worker to join our team (four months minimum)
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintains common area grounds by mowing, edging, trimming, watering, re-seeding, de-thatching and aerating soil.
• Maintains shrubs and trees by mulching, watering and pulling weeds. Removes dead shrubs and trees, tree stumps and roots as required.
• Maintains plant beds with ground cover, annuals and perennials by pulling weeds, mulching, watering and removing dead plants.
• Assist in the trimming and pruning of trees and shrubs as required.
• Assists in the planting of trees, shrubs and other plants such as annuals and perennials.
• Assists in the removal and installation of chain link, wooden fences and privacy screens to facilitate access to locations requiring utility repairs or other types of repairs.
• Removes and disposes of litter, broken branches, leaves and other debris from common area grounds, parking lots and sidewalks. Removes litter from woodland areas
•Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management as required.
• Knowledge of basic grounds maintenance practices preferred. Aptitude to work with one’s hands and a basic knowledge of common tools and their uses are required.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
Requirements Must submit to a Department of Transportation driver medical fitness for duty exam as required by law. Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee regularly talks, hears, sits, stands, walks, bends, climbs steps and ladders, stoops, writes and uses hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift 65 pounds, reach over head, and crawl in confined areas. Must be able to use all tools and equipment required of this trade.
Greenbelt Homes, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Greenbelt Homes, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Your application was submitted successfully.