Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI) , is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland. GHI is one of the oldest and largest housing cooperatives in the United States.
We are seeking Carpenters to join our team.
• Performs painting duties required for the general maintenance of apartment units and homes.
• Installs or repairs drywall; patches plaster as necessary.
• Performs maintenance upon the dwelling units and buildings as directed; responsible for implementing scheduled maintenance and capital improvement programs.
• Lays out work from schematics, blueprints, verbal instructions or working knowledge of the trades. Responsible for doing materials take-offs as necessary and for identifying man-hour requirements.
• Installs or repairs interior or exterior woodwork and related work on homes, buildings and structures. This work includes doors, locks, window frames, glazing, cabinets, ceilings, floors, and base molding drywall, slate, shingle, asphalt built-up, and membrane roofs as well as vinyl siding.
• Operates heavy equipment involving the use of backhoe-loader, tractor, winches, hoists, pumps and similar equipment.
• Able and willing to work within confined spaces above and below homes.
• Able to work weekend and evening duty as necessary. This involves skills necessary to make emergency plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs.
• Performs snow removal as necessary.
Should have worked at least four years in the carpentry trade under the supervision of a skilled coach and acquired competence in at least three of the following areas listed below:
• Door and lock installation and repairs (including garage doors)
• Window installation and repairs including glazing repairs.
• Repair and installation of exterior and interior trim elements
• Plastering and drywall repairs
• Interior and exterior painting
• Repair of roofs (fiberglass/asphalt shingle, built-up roof, EPDM roofs, modified bitumen roof and slate roofs).
• Floor repairs (hardwood floors, sub-floors, sheet vinyl, tile, and carpet).
• Structural framing
Must possess a valid driver's license
$500 SIGNING BONUS*
• Off every other Friday
• Affordable medical insurance
• 401K Plan with company match
• Dental & Vision insurance
• Life and disability insurance
• Paid holidays and vacations
• Fully Stocked trucks, uniforms and field support
• Year-round work
• Paid training & on-going training to help you SUCCEED
• Amazing employee appreciation events
• Off every other Friday
*=after 90 days of continued succucessful employment
Your application was submitted successfully.