Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI), is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland. GHI is one of the oldest and largest housing cooperatives in the United States.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
• Surveying residential buildings and common areas for general condition and deficiencies to facilitate maintenance planning and/or develop technical specifications for maintenance projects
• Preparing specifications and bid documents for maintenance and improvement projects.
• Assist in the planning and scheduling of maintenance and improvement projects
• Conducting pre-bid, pre-construction meetings and job meetings with contractors
• Supervising maintenance and improvement projects. Ensures work is done in accordance with contractual provisions
• Process change order requests
• Inspect construction work upon completion and lists outstanding and defective work
• Review permit requests from residents for improvements and alterations, including but not limited to additions, screen porches, decks as well as electrical and plumbing improvements. Perform necessary inspections and administer process required.
• Conduct inspections on resident's improvements and alterations
An Associate’s, or Bachelor’s, Degree in an Engineering Sciences or related field, with five or more years of experience in the building construction industry. Experience in following categories is favorable:
• Underground utilities
• Stormwater & drainage
• Concrete sidewalks
• Asphalt paving / parking lots
• Masonry construction
• Roofing: shingle, EPDM, or modified bitumen
• HVAC systems
The Project Manager should possess the following attributes:
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
• Must be familiar with building codes.
• Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous working experience with AutoCad is required
• Must have prior work experience supervising contractors and a thorough understanding of the contracting process.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess good inter-personal skills and be able to resolve difficult situations effectively.
• Ability to handle difficult situations and deal effectively with people.
• Good time management skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, walk, stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, operate tools and instruments, use a computer, operate a vehicle, lift 65 pounds, climb ladders, crawl in crawlspaces below building units, and bend. The employee is also required to make frequent visual inspections of construction activities, some of which will be located in poorly lit areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Greenbelt Homes, Inc. does not discriminate against any individuals on the basis of sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, medical condition, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), as amended, protect qualified applicants and employees with disabilities from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, job training, fringe benefits, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment on the basis of disability. The law also requires that covered entities provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities with reasonable accommodations, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the employer.
Visit our Web site at http://www.ghi.coop to learn more about us.
Job Type: Full-time
Your application was submitted successfully.