Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI) , is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland.is seeking an experienced Maintenance (HVAC) Technician to assist our maintenance team in maintaining the property: processing all resident service requests in a timely manner, perform preventative maintenance duties and inspections, troubleshoot and repair HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting.
· Perform general maintenance upon the dwelling units and buildings, including preventative maintenance
· Repair or replace plumbing fixtures and accessories such as faucets, traps, outlets, flush valves, hose bibs, lavatories, commodes, flush tanks, hot and cold water supply lines, building supply valves and lines and other piping within buildings and crawl spaces
· Perform installation, troubleshooting and repair of appliances, garbage disposals; installation of outlets and light switches with a working knowledge of electrical wiring
· Trouble-shoots electrical malfunctions to determine cause of failure by using electrical testing instruments, meters, gauges, etc.; then makes such repairs or adjustments to correct the malfunction
· Repairs or replaces fixtures, switches, relays, circuit breakers, fuse panels, wiring, motors, automatic equipment, time clocks, electronic controls, exhaust fans, electric baseboard heaters, thermostats, ceiling heaters, etc.
· Perform HVAC equipment inspections and tours of critical systems to ensure optimal performance, and proactively discover deficiencies
· Use knowledge of refrigeration, air distribution, piping systems and structural layout to ensure efficient, safe and uninterrupted operation of the HVAC and mechanical systems
· Perform general carpentry repairs to include installation of doors, frames, counter tops and window repairs
· Able and willing to work within confined spaces above and below homes -- such as attics and crawl spaces
· Able to work weekend and evening duty as necessary.
· Performs snow removal as necessary
· Able and willing to work within confined spaces above and below homes – such as attics and crawl spaces
· Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and management as required
• At least 4 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician
• Ability to maintain ethical, professional, and courteous relations with residents, contractors, and co-workers.
• Strong technical knowledge of and experience with, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
• Ability to work efficiently and independently
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• HVAC Certification
• CFC certification
• Valid driver’s license
Your application was submitted successfully.