Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI), is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland. GHI is one of the oldest and largest housing cooperatives in the United States.
We are seeking a Grounds Worker to join our team.
• Maintains common area grounds by mowing, edging, trimming, watering, re-seeding, de-thatching and aerating soil.
• Maintains shrubs and trees by mulching, watering and pulling weeds. Removes dead shrubs and trees, tree stumps and roots as required.
• Maintains plant beds with ground cover, annuals and perennials by pulling weeds, mulching, watering and removing dead plants
• Removes ice and snow from parking lots and sidewalks. Dispenses ice-melt chemicals to treat ice and snow.
• Removes and disposes of litter, broken branches, leaves and other debris from common area grounds, parking lots and sidewalks. Removes litter from woodland areas
• Assists in the repairs of small sections of sidewalks and asphalt surfaces
• Investigate and help to resolve conditions of infestation of rats, mice, wasps, termites, roaches, ants and other vermin.
• Assists in the repair or construction of small drainage improvement projects.
• Installs and removes outdoor signs as required.
• Assists with crawl space inspections and crawl vent replacements
• Able to work weekend and evening duty as necessary. This involves learning the skills necessary to make emergency plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs
This position is considered essential during emergency situations; the applicant must be able to work extra hours on short notice during severe weather, etc.
• A comprehensive working knowledge of grounds’ maintenance methods and procedures, materials, tools, and equipment is essential. Minimum of five years’ experience in grounds’ maintenance work is required
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
• Off every other Friday
• Affordable medical insurance
• 401K Plan with company match
• Dental & Vision insurance
• Life and disability insurance
• Paid holidays and vacations
• Fully Stocked trucks, uniforms and field support
• Year-round work
• Paid training & on-going training to help you SUCCEED
Your application was submitted successfully.