Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI), is a not-for-profit housing cooperative of 1,600 homes in the "Old Greenbelt" neighborhood of Greenbelt, Maryland. GHI is one of the oldest and largest housing cooperatives in the United States.
We are seeking a part-time (20 hours a week) Program Manager- Stormwater Management/Green Infrastructure to join our team.
· Assist with the selection, design, request for proposal (RFP) development, contractor selection, and project oversight of drainage projects
· Convert maps of the legacy system of storm water piping into a Geographic Information System (GIS) format
· Consults on, or designs/develops and manages, energy efficiency projects and promotes sustainability practices
· Collaborates with the maintenance department as needed in the installation, monitoring and maintenance of drainage features
· Monitor the forest's health and risks and create plans for conservation and restoration
· Collect, catalogue, and analyze data on forest characteristics such as invasive plant species
· Prepare and submit proposals for grants
· Serve as a staff liaison to designated committee
Possess a bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience with storm water management or environmental services.
The Program Administrator should possess the following abilities:
· Knowledge of integrating green practices into storm water management infrastructure projects, including experience with, and understanding of Natural and Nature-Based Features (NNBF)
· Understanding of urban forest ecology in stormwater management, including experience working with invasive plant species
· Strong awareness of and commitment to best practices in green infrastructure and urban forest ecology
· General understanding of the engineering hydraulics of drainage pipe systems, both traditional and green designs
· Experience with basic Geographic Information System (GIS) real-data applications
· Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word
· Experience with successful grant-writing and grant-funded project oversight and reporting
· Experience with applying science-based decision-making
· Ability and willingness to engage in some of the physical labor involved in installing and maintaining storm water infrastructure, from time to time and as needed.
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, walk, stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, crawl, bend and climb steps and ladders. Must be able to lift up to 65 pounds, reach overhead, and crawl in confined areas. Specific vision abilities required include the ability to make close inspections including poorly lit areas and view computer screens. Must be able and willing to work within confined spaces above and below homes – such as attics and crawl spaces.
Job Type: Part-time
Your application was submitted successfully.