Greenbelt Homes, Inc. (GHI) a housing cooperative, located in Greenbelt, MD, is seeking a dedicated Executive Assistant to the General Manager. This individual will play a significant role in the daily management and organization of our General Manager’s effectiveness. GHI also requires this individual to liaise with Board of Directors, Colleagues, Members, and Stakeholders. As well as display the utmost discretion, maintain balance while possessing the ability to manage changing priorities, and providing a seamless schedule.
The Executive Assistant’s contribution to the team includes:
• Prepares general correspondence, memoranda, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, proposals, and substantive reports for various matters.
• Edit and proofread all information for precision before distribution.
• Conserves General Manager's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the General Manager, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the management office and all stakeholders such as the Board of Directors, staff, coop members etc. while maintaining good relationships, credibility and trust.
• Ensures the General Manager’s schedule is followed and respected by providing a "gatekeeper" role, for direct access to the General Manager’s time and office.
• Is responsible for calendar management in the Management Office. Monitors other Company calendars on website and in newsletters, verifying accuracy and effective communication.
• Manage the Company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and potentially additional channels (Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Vine, Periscope, Google +, etc.)
• Orders and maintains supplies for management office; prepares departmental check requests and purchase orders.
• Attends evening and weekend meetings and training programs as requested.
• Assist with Human Resources issues as needed.
• Serves as the liaison between the Board and the Management office and facilitates communications, plans events, distributes and proofreads information, drafts agendas and schedules meetings and records and prepares final minutes
• Sets up and plans senior staff meetings, all-staff meetings, board meetings and retreats to include travel logistics, agenda preparation presentations and general flow to ensure successful outcomes of every meeting
• Either a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three to five years of experience in an executive or administrative capacity or a high school diploma with a minimum of seven years of experience in an executive or administrative capacity.
• Prior experience working in a community association is desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with and direct people at all levels in a fast-paced environment, often under pressure.
• Exceptional analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• A high degree of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to accomplish goals with minimal supervision.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
• Customer Focus
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this include close vision and the ability to view computer screens. Lifting requirement of 25 pounds.
Greenbelt Homes, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Greenbelt Homes, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Job Type: Full-time
Your application was submitted successfully.